Major Backup Issue !! Please Help!

Major Backup Issue !! Please Help!

by Scott Cotterell -
Number of replies: 4

Like most people on here I was having issues with backing up large files. I have adjusted the PHP.ini etc accordingly with no avail. But worse in the last week or so my backups arent finishing. They merely report unfinished and stop after the fourth course.

If I try a manual backup of a course  there is a message at the top of the page that states "WARNING!!! The code you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!"

If I continue it fails with the message "A required parameter (backup_unique_code) was missing"

I can only presume whatever is causing the single course backup is causing the daily backup to fail.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATFULLY APPRECIATED !!!! HELP!!

with thanks

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Cotterell

Re: Major Backup Issue !! Please Help!

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
looks like one of your components was meant to be used with an older Moodle system.
try to turn on full developer debug notifications to get more info and post it here.

if you find it, try to see if there is a new version that matches your Moodle version.

maybe it uses old APIs to handle backup and that is why it fails ?
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Scott Cotterell -

I have enable the developer debug notifications and get this;

Notice: Undefined variable: backup_version in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/moodle19/backup/lib.php on line 383

Notice: Undefined variable: backup_version in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/moodle19/backup/lib.php on line 431

Stack trace:
  • line 1651 of lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 309 of lib/moodlelib.php: call to error()
  • line 2714 of backup/backuplib.php: call to required_param()
  • line 30 of backup/backup_execute.html: call to backup_fetch_prefs_from_request()
  • line 135 of backup/backup.php: call to include_once()

by Scott Cotterell -

AHA ... fixed it !!! Thanks for the advice - i never realised their was a debugging option ..,..

many thanks

Scott

by Thomas Bachert -
What exactly did you do to fix it? I am getting similar errors. Thank you in advance.