Multilang filter with Glossary

Multilang filter with Glossary

av Sebastien M. -
Antall svar: 2
Hi all:

Can someone confirm the following :
The glossary filter parses in real time any Moodle content that is requested bu the users and the formated text (with embedded autolinks) is cached for later use. At what stage is the glossay_filter function called?

Before I try to work into the glossary's code to make it compatible with the Multilang filter, does someone know of any reason why the multilang filter could not work properly along with the autolink filter?

thanks in advance

Seb
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Sebastien M.

Re: Multilang filter with Glossary

av Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers
Hi Sebastien,

why are they incompatible?

Both are called from the filter_text() function (in the order specified in "Administration/Filters" and final results are cached if such option is enabled in the same page.

Where is the problem?

Ciao smiler
Som svar til Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Multilang filter with Glossary

av Sebastien M. -
Hi Eloy,

I was refering to the Autolink feature of the glossary which was not compatible with Multilang (i.e. concepts were not parsed for language so autolink was not working properly with my bilingual site).

I found a way around applying the Multilang filter function to the glossaries concepts before parsing the text. The Autolink feature now works everywhere on my site, in both languages.

Thank you for your support.

Seb