email enrollment sends mnet link

email enrollment sends mnet link

von E. L. Cooper -
Anzahl Antworten: 4

On a client site running 1.94, Php 5.2.6 mnet not enabled email enrollment sends an mnet link. Now I suspect this started when someone who has admin privileges decided to fill in the blanks under networking.

No one is admitting anything but when they contacted me about the issue they had themselves listed as their own network.

I reset mnet enrollments to no. They have no key. They had listed themselves in all hosts. I deleted that.

Settings
Peers
SSO Access Control
Enrolments
XML-RPC hosts

all show mnet sso and rpc hosts disabled but the system continues to generate a signup and password change email with mnet in the url

They were never supposed to be an mnet site. The setting were changed because someone did not understand what they do.

The link that generates for self enrollment is-

http:///auth/mnet/jump.php?hostwwwroot=http://sitename.com&wantsurl=%2Flogin%2Fconfirm.php%3Fdata%3DjQWneDHbXfjhTb0%2Fkbjhlk

I am suspecting there is a flag in lib php or moodle php that I need to reset but I am unable to locate it. Any ideas?

Als Antwort auf E. L. Cooper

Re: email enrollment sends mnet link

von Peter Bulmer -
My first guess would be to check the db, and see what is in mdl_config for mnet_localhost_id (or similar). This is the "mnet id" of your site, and is almost always 1.

You'll want to check that in the mdl_user table, that all the users have mnethostid set to the value you found above in the mdl_config table.

IIRC, where moodle is sending out emails, and the mnethostid of the user is not the localhost id, it will try to make it work such that they bounce through their home moodle to log in. If the localhost id has been lost, deleted, or changed, this could result in the behaviour I'm seeing.

HTH,
Peter B

von Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Documentation writers Nutzerbild von Moodle HQ Nutzerbild von Peer reviewers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers
Also note that the 1.9.4 => 1.9.5 upgrade includes one check to detect mnet hosts inconsistencies and mnet-orphaned users so, after upgrading... everything should be in place, in case your site was suffering some inconsistencies there.

MDL-16879 was the bug in the Tracker were the fix was introduced.

Ciao lächelnd

Als Antwort auf Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

von E. L. Cooper -

Thank you both. Upgrading is on my list for the issue but I wanted to try alternatives since this particular group is very certificate dependent. I want to test 1.95 with certificate before going live with it due to the grade book changes.

I had thought about taking the mnet table from a fresh install and replacing with those to see if that fixes the issue but I am saddled with a production environment of over 3,000 users and there are concerns (from others) that it might cause a problem. Personally I am not so worried since I'd never try a fix like that with out a back up first.

von E. L. Cooper -

For a final report- with the updated certificate module released yesterday I did the upgrade last night and the site is normalized.

Reading the progress notes on the version I was impressed stronk. I hereby present you with the first ever golden mouse award for a developer in a supporting role.