Site Administration block not showing up

Site Administration block not showing up

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 6
I have a moodle 1.9.4 installation where it will show the "site administration block" on the front page and the my moodle which will have a link on it that says "courses" and they can click it and it will let them add/edit their courses. This is for a global Course Creator. I think that's pretty cool...

However, in my moodle 1.9.1 (my district's site) it will not show that block on the front page or the my moodle page for a global course creator.

Is the problem the different versions or am I missing something? I think that block would be nice for our staff to easily create a new course.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: Site Administration block not showing up

by Olaf Fichtner -
Sorry, no solution, but I encounter the same problem on 1.9.2+. I have assigned users as course creators, but they do not see the administration block. I am still trying to find the reason/a solution, but do not have much hope...
In reply to Olaf Fichtner

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi guys
I don't have this problem but suggest you check (if you haven't already!) the permissions for these specific roles definitely have the ability to create a new course, these users are assigned at site level and the block doesn't have any override to prevent the particular role(s) from viewing it.
Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Ajay Harduth -
Please, if anyone finds a solution to this for 1.8, please let me know, i have created a few admins to add users and view reports but they cant since they don't have the admin block when they login, this is urgent so please let me know asap if you have a fix. Thank you
In reply to Ajay Harduth

by sanjay singh -
Dear Ajay

Try
function hide_header()
{
return false;
}
In reply to sanjay singh

by Ajay Harduth -
where should i try this, just a beginner so im not sure.

thanx
In reply to Melissa Benson

Site deleted

by Onespho Sedekia -

Dear all, My site has been delete from the site registration due to power faluire and course the site not available , how can I register again?