Anyone do a recent upgrade to their gradebook in v1.9.4?

Anyone do a recent upgrade to their gradebook in v1.9.4?

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 4
Curious if anyone has done a recent upgrade of their gradebook since the release of 1.9.5? Martin mentioned that the 1.9.5 gradebook improvements would be incorporated into 1.9.4. If you have please let me know how it went. Thanks!
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Re: Anyone do a recent upgrade to their gradebook in v1.9.4?

by Nicolas Connault -
That's probably inaccurate, Deb. Martin probably said that the gradebook improvements would be part of 1.9.4+ (note the +), that means that they will be officially part of 1.9.5. Once a version is released, it becomes "frozen" and nothing ever changes in them. The only changes in 1.9 are then added towards the next un-released version.
In reply to Nicolas Connault

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Hmmmm. Here is the link to what Martin said - sure sounds like he is saying the changes will be incorporated into v1.9.4+ but maybe I am missing something:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=119925#p533742

Our production server is currently running: Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090401)

If that is the case then I will check in on the Conditional Activities forum and see if activity locking is playing nice with v1.9.5. That is our biggest barrier to upgrades. Can not wait for the new gradebook improvements. This has been a long hard year with the 1.9 gradebook - looking forward to starting the fall semester off better and was hoping to have the changes in place before our summer session starts - but oh well!

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Oh - I see what you mean now Nic. v1.9.4+ is no longer available for download. Will start testing on v1.9.5 right away. If anyone has it working with activity locking please let us know. Thanks!

by Nicolas Connault -
Yes you got it. 1.9.4+ is in fact "1.9.5 in the making", it is not the official 1.9.4 as available for download.