quiz

quiz

by dinesh chopra -
Number of replies: 13
hi dinesh here

i wana create a quiz with multiple choice questions
my question and answers have images

Is there any way to import the word file in which i have multiple choice question
my question and answers contains images.

i import a .txt file and success to create quiz
but i'm not getting the way how i import that file

if there is any way then pls suggest me

i attached a file by an attachment which contains the example of questions

thanks and cheers
dinesh
Average of ratings: -
In reply to dinesh chopra

Re: quiz

by Marc Grober -
Image ref from quiz is a pain and has been buggy. Quiz module has to be able to find image.....

I suggest that you use GIFT format and restate images as text expressions using asciimath. Will work like a charm and eliminate current AND future image issues

by Marc Grober -
Since this has also been discussed elsewhere, I should mention that you could use openoffice to convert your word doc to an XHTML+XML doc and then use the hotpot module to pop it up. In a separate window with students doing answers only like scantron-a bit more shuffling for students-life of Riley for you
In reply to Marc Grober

by dinesh chopra -
hi respected Marc Grober

sorry i dont know where to discuss this form
i'm a fresher

and i import my questons by Moodle Xml format.

in that format i have some problem
i can import only a single image in the last

if my Question have more than one images then i'm not getting the images

i attach one file which contains the file more than one image

i send you a url: http://192.168.1.3/moodle/mod/quiz/attempt.php?q=1
where i import a file but images are not shown

i find a plugin Examview (Blackboard 6.x) from http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=117876 url.
I deploy it in my code but i dont know how to import that and which type of file is to be import
i visit moodle but i'm not getting any help

so pls help me

thanks and best regards
dinesh chopra

by Marc Grober -
Dinesh,

You are in the correct forum but I don't know that I can help you beyond the suggestions I have already made that you use asciimath to address your needs.....

I am not a moodle quiz guru, but as I look at the interfaces for the core quiz types, they seem to support only one image (in the question, none in the answers). While there may be ways around this, I have not explored them, though perhaps others here can address that specific issue (i.e. can moodle support a quiz type that allows for multiple images associated with individual answers.)

However, for math quizzes you can do virtually anything you need to do with asciimath as it displays math and svg at run time (hence multiple images is not an issue) and I thought I had already provided you with some exaples of how easy it is to manage this in my previous answers to your questions....

On the other hand, if you don't want to explore using asciimath, you may want to consider using hotpotatoes.... Tami Maloney has done some extensive work with using images in answers in her work at http://www.iq.poquoson.org/
In reply to Marc Grober

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No, you can add as many images as you like to the question text using the HTML editor.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by dinesh chopra -
hello sir,

I know i can enter images by html text editor, but it is very time consuming.

i have a word file which contains questions and answers and i want to import that file

i attach a file which contains question
Is there any method by which i can import that file and can save my time.
Is there any other plugin which fullfill my problems.

thanks and best regards
Dinesh Chopra

by Marc Grober -
BTW, please don't repost, but the best place to post these questions would be in quiz or math forum.

And as I suggested elsewhere, you could print your pagemaker doc to PDF and attach the PDF to a hotpot, though you might want to consider changing the tools with which you build your materials.

Re: quiz with images

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just moving this discussion to the quiz module forum as suggested...
In reply to Helen Foster

by dinesh chopra -
hi sorry i dont know how to move this discussion to the quiz module form.

if u tell me the way then i move it

thanks and best regards
dinesh chopra

by Marc Grober -
Dinesh,

Helen moved it for you....
if you look at the breadcrumbs (across the top of the page) you will see:
and that's where quiz questions go.....

I did look back at this thread and I did build a page providing you with information at http://edtech.alaskapolicy.net/index.php?title=Using_ASCIIMath_in_Moodle_GIFT_format

Did you look at the resources I provided?
In reply to Marc Grober

by dinesh chopra -
thanks Respected Marc Grober for reply

i visit at that link
but i did not get info which i want

thanks once again