Can't assign roles

Can't assign roles

by SS Khew -
Number of replies: 3
Hi, am "tearing my hair" trying to assigning Course Creator role tongueout Here's my problem:
I have Admin role access as well as Course Creator, and use different username for these 2 roles.
I created a new course when logged in as Admin, then assigned my other username, Course Creator.
However, when I login under Course Creator role, I can't edit the new course!
Moodle would ask if I wish to enrol and when I click "yes", I would get into the new course but can't edit anything!
I would say I'm quite new to this. smile I use version 1.9
Please help?
Thank you!

Khew
Average of ratings: -
In reply to SS Khew

Re: Can't assign roles

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

The default course creator role doesn't have course editing rights. If you want your course creator to be able to edit the new course, you need to assign them the role of teacher in the course. Please see the documentation Course creator role for more details.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by ben reynolds -
To restate Helen's point, Course creator, is not almost God.

Course creator is more like a T.A. whose burden is to forever generate course shells but not to really teach, not to really add content, never to grade.

It is the life of a graduate student who never graduates.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by SS Khew -
Helen,

In my "chase" to get my content completed, this key point (of Teacher, instead of Course Creator role) slipped by me.
Yes, indeed, this solved the role problem!
Thank you so much..smile