Moodle in Sheffield Schools (Primary and Secondary)

Moodle in Sheffield Schools (Primary and Secondary)

by Edward Fogg -
Number of replies: 3

Using Moodle in school?

If you would be interested in sharing ideas/practices about how Moodle can be developed in a school setting then e-mail efogg@chaucer.sheffield.sch.uk to get involved.

Thanks smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward Fogg

Re: Moodle in Sheffield Schools (Primary and Secondary)

by peter winter -
Hello Edward
I have only just found this. I teach at Monteney just down the road from you. Although we are tied in with Studywiz (very inflexible) at the moment I have used Moodle ( very flexible) for several years. I am in the process of creating QCA ICT based courses in Moodle for my children to use. If you are still interested I would love to discuss ways to use Moodle.
Peter Winter
In reply to peter winter

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Peter. I'm not in Sheffield (Preston actually) but am really pleased to see you are using Moodle in spite of being tied in with Studywiz - full support to you smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by peter winter -
Hello Mary
It is thanks to you in may ways that I love Moodle. I bought your book and it helped to open up the possibilities of Moodle ( on line learning really). Yes I am afraid Sheffield went with Studywiz, but it certainly has not got the flexibility of Moodle or the power of the people who use it. I have used Moodle to create a school intranet but I would really like to use Moodle with my children. I have started to create some courses and will be looking to pilot them this term. Half the problem (my problem anyway) is the fear of taking full control of the schools VLE. Thanks for the encouragement.
Peter
Monteney Moodle
Average of ratings: Cool (1)