User registration email issue

User registration email issue

by Sachith Darshana -
Number of replies: 2
When i change my moodle language form english to another it brings me the following error at the user sign up. "Error: Could not initiate the mail function". When the language is English it works fine. Really appreciate your help.

I am currently using default moodle email function. I have not added any smtp settings. This works when the selected language is English.

Thanks

Darshana
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sachith Darshana

Re: User registration email issue

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Recently I had to change my email setting to an SMTP server because the internal email function stopped working. I recommend you to do the same. Ask your local admin for neccesary details (SMTP server address and port are usually enough). If the internal emailing works under English, you probably have an SMTP server running at localhost (127.0.0.1).
I have never heard about language specific problems with emailing. I can, however, imagine some problems with encoding etc. This should be handled correctly once you switch to the SMTP setting (Moodle SMTP library should take care of everything).

Hope this helps
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: User registration email issue

by Sachith Darshana -
Thanks. I will change the configurations of my moodle smtp settings. Lets see.
Thanks again!!