Backup and Restoring a Glossary

Backup and Restoring a Glossary

by Barbara Baldwin -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

I'm trying to backup and restore a glossary from one course to another on the same Moodle site.

Backup works fine but when I try to restore the glossary "to an existing course adding the data to it" the step in the process, where you choose the course to restore to, isn't being displayed so the glossary restores to the front page instead.

We have recently upgraded to 1.9.4 and this is the first time I've tried restoring since the upgrade.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you

Barbara

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Baldwin

Re: Backup and Restoring a Glossary

by Neil Spurgeon -

Hi Barbara, you should have asked yesterday !

Export it from the 'create a glossary page' and then in the new course, create a new, blank glossary and import the file you exported. you can even import/export by category if you have say a key skills comms glossary that your want to use with GCSE English language but don't want all the awarding body stuff  about portfolios etc

Neil

In reply to Neil Spurgeon

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Neil, as you describe, glossary entries may be exported then imported into another course, however it seems that the problem that Barbara reports (not being able to choose which course to restore to) affects all course backups, not just glossary backups.

I've reported the issue in the Moodle Tracker - MDL-19163 - and expect our backup expert Eloy to fix it very soon. smile
In reply to Neil Spurgeon

by Barbara Baldwin -

Thanks Neil, I only discover the problem this morning! I'll try it your way.

Barbara

In reply to Barbara Baldwin

by Geof Duncan -
Has this issue been resolved??

We try to create one "base course" with all resources, glossaries, assignments, etc.

When I restore the course backup to recreate the course for another user all activities are there, including the glossaries, BUT, all terms are empty...

I understand I can re-import the terms back into a glossary, but, I'm not understanding why the terms are not restored...

Using Moodle 1.9.5 with LAMP.