Overcoming the 20 file limit

Overcoming the 20 file limit

by Richard MacLemale -
Number of replies: 7
Advanced Uploading of Files, the activity, has a limit of 20 files you can upload. I have a school that would like to set this to 35. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard MacLemale

Re: Overcoming the 20 file limit

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well I did it by finding the file on the server - mod>assignment>type>upload >assignment.class php and changing 20 to 35 on line 1032
It seems to work for me - but I'm not a coder smile so it comes with no guarantees!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sami Cooper -

I managed to find this: mod>assignment>type>upload >assignment.class php and changed the max 20 to all sizes of numbers without any success. I even created my own array entering set values. The value in the setting changes, but the actual ammount of files that you can upload is still 20. There seems to be another limitation.

by Chad Outten -
Just a thought. Why not have students submit their work as a single zip file? This is an easy way to overcome your issue & makes transporting multiple files & folders a breeze.

Simply locate your files in a directory, subdirectories then right click to 'Send to zip file', 'Create archive' or 'Compress'. The recipient can 'extract' the files, folders contained in the zip archive with a double-click.

Cheers, Chad
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chad Outten

by Richard MacLemale -
Chad,

We're using Advanced Uploading of Files as a Digital Locker. So far, it's worked really well, with the exception mentioned above. Haven't had time to try Mary's solution yet, but will this coming week.

by Art Lader -

Hi, Richard,

I know it will seem lazy, but I would just create two or three digital-locker-assignments.

I am sure others will have more elegant solutions for you, though.

Regards,
Art

by Chris Puttick -

Took a while and some work to track this down for certain, but (in 2.6 anyway) if you open

<moodledir>/mod/assign/locallib.php

and find the line

define('ASSIGNSUBMISSION_FILE_MAXFILES', 20);

and change the 20 to whatever you want as a new maximum, the problem is resolved.

NB that doesn't change it for a given assignment module within a course, you'd still have to configure the new limit from the drop down for that assignment, in "Submission types".

HTH

Chris

<returns to 7  year no post mode>