Course reset doesn't wipe all grades

Course reset doesn't wipe all grades

by Gabriela Sarbu -
Number of replies: 3
Hello

I am using categories to manage users, namely I assign student role to a bunch of users in a category.

Then the students are 'inherited' to all the courses of that category. (That way I don't have to manually assign student roles to each course).

When I reset a course, the grades of all the students manually assigned to the course get wiped, but the grades of the 'inherited' students from the category do not.

If I move course to a new category and I assign a student with a grade to the new category, the student still appears with his grade.

It appears like students of a category will 'drag' their grades with them for ever and ever. How can category students get rid of their grades?

Is there a way to say 'Reset grades'? I tried export/import, but if you have a quizz it appears as manually modified and it doesn't re-compute the grade.

Any suggestions will be highly appreaciated.

Thank you!
Gabriela.

In reply to Gabriela Sarbu

Re: Course reset doesn't wipe all grades

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Gabriela,

I've moved this discussion to the "Gradebook" forum. Also, FYI, MDL-19143 has been created about this problem (to be checked and fixed if problems are found).

Ciao smile

by Nicolas Connault -
What version of Moodle are you using? In 1.9.4+ I can't reproduce it. This may mean that it has been fixed in the upcoming 1.9.5 release.

by Gabriela Sarbu -
Thank you for the prompt response.

I have used moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090422)

Also the activity was a quizz which automatically grades itself.

Best Regards,
Gabriela.