Assigning assignments to the right tutor?

Assigning assignments to the right tutor?

by Tom Walton -
Number of replies: 1
Hi everyone:

I've got a single course with half a dozen tutors on it, and lots of learners.

What I want to do is have groups of learners assigned to single tutors, and when they upload their assignments, have the assignments go to the right tutor (only), with email alerts landing in the correct inbox...

I can't seem to be able to do that either with "groups" or with "locally assigned roles", and searching the docs and forums hasn't produced and answer, either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tom
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Walton

Re: Assigning assignments to the right tutor?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think (but am happy to be proved wrong) that if you have email alerts to teachers when pupils upload work the email goes to all the teachers in the course even if you have it set up to separate groups with teachers in the separate groups (which is how you should have it set up) We don't have email alerts to teachers as we prefer to go directly to the assignment but what you need to check is 1) your course is set to separate groups b) you have got your classes in separate groups with a teacher within each group and cv) the assignment is set to separate groups also. At least that way then then teachers will only see their own class's assignments.