Just starting on getting going here...

Just starting on getting going here...

by Charles Bogardus -
Number of replies: 3
And I'm wondering if multiple types of enrollment are available? And I'm getting quizzed at length by our treasurer/accountant...

We do continuing education classes...

It looks like Acme Inc. could sign up and pay us via the Paypal system for their students, and everything is handled automagically. Or we could switch from our current First Data setup to authorize.net, with the same result...

What if Beta Inc. wants to send a check? Can we just "turn on" several enrollments for their people?

And what happens if I sell this via our normal course registration site, which is a zen cart? Can I just send the enrollments on?

Pardon the stupid questions, but I basically found out that I'm doing this last night...

"Oh, it's easy - Bogie's a computer person."

Argh.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Bogardus

Re: Just starting on getting going here...

by Richard Standen -
Hi Charles

Not sure if you saw my message response to your earlier question? However, we offer a commercial product (www.coursemerchant.com) that would help you here:

"It looks like Acme Inc. could sign up and pay us via the Paypal system for their students, and everything is handled automagically. Or we could switch from our current First Data setup to authorize.net, with the same result..."

You could use both Paypal and Authorize.net with Course Merchant at the same time. Plus a range of alternative processors.

"What if Beta Inc. wants to send a check? Can we just "turn on" several enrollments for their people?"

Set-up alternative payment options - for example payment by Purchase Order (so they can submit a check). Course Merchant would delay the Moodle access until you validate the sale.

"And what happens if I sell this via our normal course registration site, which is a zen cart? Can I just send the enrollments on?"

Course Merchant generates "Buy Now" code snippets. Simply paste these into other web pages, emails, etc.

I hope this info helps.

Richard

Re: Multiple types of enrolment

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Charles,

You'll be pleased to hear that multiple types of enrolment are possible in Moodle, including manual enrolment if you're sent a check. You can enable different enrolment types via Administration > Courses > Enrolments.

Re: Just starting on getting going here...

by Adric Net -
Hi,

It sounds like you have the right idea. You can probably get what you need by using multiple enrollment plugins, including authorize,paypal, and external database enrollment. Authorized users can certainly manually add user (students) and then enroll them in courses.

For our site we set up Zencart to handle the money and sales and then use external database authentication, external database enrollment, and some custom code to sync new Zencart orders in as Moodle users and enrollments. You may certainly use my code (or find other such),write your own, and as noted there are commercial solutions available as well.

Welcome smile
adricnet