Lounge

Download Free Moodle E-book

Jagdeep Singh Pannu
Download Free Moodle E-book

An iMoodle member recently shared this free resource to learn how to use Moodle. All are welcome to share their thoughts in this thread on iMoodle.

Best,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu
iMoodle

Average of ratings: -
paula
Re: Download Free Moodle E-book
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

It is also available on this website at: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Using_Moodle_book

A paper edition can be purchased at several retailers and part of the money goes to support Moodle.org.

Paula Clough cool

Picture of Mike McNeese

Thanks for the E-book.

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
Picture of Zulfah Trimiarsih

thanks for the e-book.It'll help me.But I have had trouble.. smile would you mind showing me how to send message to others in moodle ?

and also Can I use .ppt for my course? because I have tried it but it couldn't show.. Can you help me.. how to develop this? how to program it?

Hope I can use .ppt and .pdf on moodle ^_^
Thanks a lot...

Picture of Helen Foster
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers
Hi Zulfah,

Please see the documentation on Messaging and Resources, then if you have further questions check the forums in Using Moodle.

paula
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Zulfah,

I came in to respond before Helen's response showed up in my email... the links she have given you will be very helpful in finding the info you want.  I'll go ahead and put in my two cents also.

I have found that PDF's usually do quite well.

PowerPoints I find that it is best if participants download them then open them.  If seems to have to do with the settings in the PowerPoint program not in Moodle.  I haven't been able to figure out the differences yet. 

Have fun and let us know if you need more help.

cool

Picture of ayo apampa

That book is very good, i have downloaded it and i am reading it. It it useful a lot.

But what i still need to figure our is how to add my logo to the front page. Can anyone guide me on that please.

Thanks.

DCFC

Hi Ayo,

You'll find your answer here...

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=68398

Damien

Miguel
Re: Front page

Picture of lawrence li
Re: Front page

I m looking in the areas of front page and course page...

for front page middle area, the linking actually not related to the functions inside right?

for the course page, is it customizable like the front page one? can I make something very attractive not the tradtional topic by topic view?

Picture of C. J. Turner

I would like to find book(s) on the filing system behind Moodle. I want to understand all the files and how to use them. Thanks in advance.

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

This is a very old thread you are replying toosmile Please start with http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Main_page and if you are interested in file management in particular, take a look at Working with files

Picture of dawn alderson

An excellent resource!

Thanks to the authors-great Job!

There are 23 pages in the book that refer to files/format etc.......I can give you them if you wish-C.J.Turner...

the link to the flash version of the text is here:
Using Moodle online Flash version

the online book has a search engine within it so bang in your word-concept-request...and the page nos will direct you to the relevant pages.

Cheers,

Dawn

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Just noting for anyone who gets here via Google - the Using Moodle book is very good but is based on Moodle 1.8 (both the pdf and the online flash version Dawn linked to) and so while the teaching focus is useful, references to file management are out of date as Moodle 2 since 2010 has a new way of managing files. See Working with files and also, for anyone moving from an older version of Moodle to a 2+ version, Course files

Average of ratings: Very cool (3)
Picture of dawn alderson

Corr, this is indeed the coolest thing ever- ta.

For clarity then

-Anyone accessing this link :

http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Using_Moodle_book

will know the following:

' Moodle book is very good but is based on Moodle 1.8 (both the pdf and the online flash version Dawn linked to) and so while the teaching focus is useful, references to file management are out of date as Moodle 2 since 2010 has a new way of managing files. See Working with files and also, for anyone moving from an older version of Moodle to a 2+ version, Course files'

Although I could not see this snippet of info on the Documentation Mary....I don't know if the Moodle Fairy needs to update this or others.....

But as it stands the info on that page says quite the opposite: available in 1.9-2.7 (if one is to rely on the scroll down version- menu and one misses the following-through a skim-scan read:

E.g. (although very useful this bit of blurb)

The first edition of the book, written by Jason Cole and released in July 2005, is based on Moodle 1.4. The second edition, released in November 2007, has been updated to cover all the features in Moodle 1.8, such as the new roles and permissions system, blogs, messaging and the database module.

And, to be clear the info in that book is 'all' def obsolete then- if one is not using 1.8.....I see thanks-maybe this needs to be more explicit for the Google- tappers.

(Helen-Botswana..........sounds amazing-nice :)

Dawn