Changing Max Upload File Size

Changing Max Upload File Size

by Chris Holland -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there;

I'm fairly new to Moodle, so forgive me if this is really simple, but I'm having a problem uploading videos over 2MB in size.

I've changed the max file size in both php.ini files but I still cannot upload anything over 2MB in size.

After changing the file size in the php.ini files I attempted to change the file size in the page settings, but the drop down list still doesn't give any options higher than 2MB.

Help is appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Holland

Re: Changing Max Upload File Size

by M. Commini -
Chris,

Login as Admin and go to the Site Administration menu. Choose Security and then Site Policies. The fifth choice down is Maximum uploaded file size. Make sure Server Limit is selected. If it's not, select it. If your server's php.ini file(s) have been set up to allow higher uploads as you've indicated they have, then setting this to Server Limit should allow you to upload larger files.

Hope this helps,

M
In reply to M. Commini

by Chris Holland -
Hi M.

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem when uploading anything over 2MB in size.

Both .ini files have been set to 100M, the maximum size has been set in site policies, yet when I go to upload something it still says the max is 2MB.

When you say "Make sure Server Limit is selected. If it's not, select it" I have no option to do so, it just says Maximum Upload File Size.

Thanks for the help.

Chris
In reply to Chris Holland

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

Please see the max upload file size question in our Installation FAQ for full details of what to do.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Chris Holland -
Hi Helen, thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me where I can find the file to edit 'LimitRequest Body' as I think this could be where I'm falling down.

Regards