Survey and Reporting Solution

Survey and Reporting Solution

by Tripy Taka -
Number of replies: 3

Hello All,

Please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

My only experience with Moodle is as a student. I now have a requirement to use it for my own purposes. I have looked through the FAQ and forums for answers to my questions but have not had success.

Here are my questions:

• In Moodle can I assign a “weight” to survey question responses, then have that weight (and not the answer) stored in the database?
  • What reporting solutions does Moodle have?
I have previously developed a web-application using Microsoft products. I created a web page in DotNetNuke, made a survey using a third party module which stored data in MS SQL Server and delivered the reports using MS SQL 2008 Reporting Services.

I am now running LAMP on Ubuntu 9.04 (Server) and I want to use Moodle. I need the functionality of surveying employees and presenting the data in the form of email or secure web-page to management.

Please help. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jared Stanger

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tripy Taka

Re: Survey and Reporting Solution

by Frances Bell -
Hi Jared,
Welcome to the Moodle lounge.
If you have had no luck searching FAQ and forums, the next step is to find the right forum and ask the question there. Look in Using Moodle for the Survey forum, and ask your first question there. You might also get an answer to your second question there.
Is your only use of Moodle for surveys? If so, I am wondering if this is the best software for you.
In reply to Tripy Taka

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jared,

Just moving this discussion thread from the Lounge to Using Moodle, as suggested by Frances...
In reply to Helen Foster

by Tripy Taka -
Thank you for sending me to the right place. Hopefully someone will be able to answer my question.

Regards,

Jared.