View all Responses

View all Responses

by Monica Set -
Number of replies: 9
I am set up as the Admin and I do not see where I can view all responses or view Reports? Any guidance is appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Set

Re: View all Responses

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Click on the actual questionnaire link and you should get these tabs:
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Monica Set -
Thank you. That's the odd thing. I can only see View My Responses. I don't see the last three tabs. It's as if I don't have edit access. I am also the creator of the Questionnaire.

I don't think this has anything to do with it, but is it not visible if my questionnaire is 'public'?
In reply to Monica Set

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Are you sure you aren't viewing in in student mode?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Monica Set -
Yes, I'm pretty sure. I attached the header and it even shows that I can update the Questionnaire too. mixed
Attachment moodlequest.png
In reply to Monica Set

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Monica,

Do you mean that:

• a) you created that questionnaire as "public";
  • OR b) when you created that questionnaire you used a "public" questionnaire already created (by you or someone else) in another course on your Moodle site?

If b) then it is quite normal that you should not be able to see All responses nor Edit the questionnaire. Here is an extract from the Help file

Joseph

You can create questionnaires using three different methods: Create New:
This option allows you to create a completely new questionnaire from scratch. Copy Existing:
This option copies a pre-existing questionnaire's content to a new questionnaire, pre-seeding the content. You can copy questionnaires belonging to the course, or ones specifically marked as 'template'. Use Public:
If a questionnaire has already been created (in another course on the same Moodle site) with the "public" setting, then you may use that "public" questionnaire in your own course(s). The number of settings available to such questionnaires is limited and you cannot edit its questions nor view the responses.
Example .- If a public questionnaire has been created in course A, it can be "used" in courses B, C, ... All the responses from courses A, B, C, ... are collected in the public questionnaire created in course A (the original course where it was created) and are viewable there by the person (admin or teacher) who originally created it.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Monica Set -
Thank you for your assistance!

I think I may have created a copy of it and then deleted the original one by accident. Is that feasible? If so, is there any way to get back the original one since it's stored in the MYSQL database.
In reply to Monica Set

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Monica,

If you don't exactly remember what you did, it is hard to help you... I'm afraid there is no way to retrieve that original public questionnaire if you deleted it.

However, I think there is something wrong with the Questionnaire module and the "public" behavior. Once a public questionnaire has been created AND it is currently in use in other courses, it should not be possible to delete it - or, at least, a warning should be issued. I have created bug report CONTRIB-1243 about this problem. You can vote for it.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Monica Set -
Sorry Joseph for the confusion. I started to work on another project and had added the questionnaires a few months ago. The original survey was hidden on the frontpage.

The original questionnaire still does not give me access to Edit or View All Responses, even as an Administrator. I noticed in one of the MYSQL tables it has owner as one of the fields. Should this be my user_id?

I really do appreciate all your help.
Monica
In reply to Monica Set

by Joseph Rézeau -
Monica,
I am still not sure I understand what you did. My advice at this stage is to start all over again the sequence of operations as described in the online help.
Joseph