Any teachers/ admins using Moodle in the Health Sciences arena?

Any teachers/ admins using Moodle in the Health Sciences arena?

by Stephen Lambert -
Number of replies: 0

I'm a final year med student and I was playing around with moodle in my spare time. I think it would work really well with our course. Anyway I put a little something together and tried to show it to the Faculty. Two profs were impressed, but there was a general apathy about my idea and the IT director kinda killed the idea and shut the conversation down.

Our current website at school is afunctional- its simply a not-so-sophisticated notice board. It really was not constructed to be useful and students and the clinical departments basically don't use it anymore.

So I decided to take my little project and share it with my classmates and we'll just use it amongst ourselves. I was wondering if there are any moodlers out there who have experience with using Moodle in a Health Sciences environment? I have a few ideas on how to make it work but I'm not really sure how to organise courses (eg. systems vs specialities). I don't want to recreate what is already out there in the forms of MDConsult, Pubmed or Cochrane database...I would like to see it as a forum where med students can share and discuss interesting cases, create  evidence based Wiki's, maybe practice using old exam papers...

I was wondering if anyone could give a few pointers as to what works in their school? Maybe an approach to this?

Average of ratings: -