Wanted: Feedback on our created question type

Wanted: Feedback on our created question type

by Nathan McNeel -
Number of replies: 3

We are an academic class developing a new moodle question type called a "CBAA Question" based on a knockoff of a multiple choice question type. These question types are created to work with the regular moodle quiz. We are looking for people that want to test the usability of our question type being integrated into the quiz module and give us their feedback on certain features of our product.

We have a test site set up where you can login to our remote moodle site and take a quiz we created for you. To get to the quiz, please follow these steps,

1. Go to http://www.soulmates4eternity.com/moodle/

2. Click on "Moodle Forum".

3. Log in to the course using,

Username = moodle

password = user

4. Under the week "24 April - 30 April", click on the "Moodle Forum Test Quiz".

5. Please watch the video tutorial that appears and then attempt the quiz and view your feedback.

6. Please complete our survey ,using the below link, and leave your feedback/suggestions about our project.

Survey link : Click Here to take survey

Thanks!

The TCAP(Triangular Confidence Assessment Plugin) Team

Metropolitan State College of Denver

In reply to Nathan McNeel

Re: Wanted: Feedback on our created question type

by Jeff Forssell -
Basically I liked this added dimension to the usual CBM which only allows one to choose one answer. I also liked it's way of getting around Moodle's lack of negative marks for questions.

But I don't understand the feedback and "actual knowledge" "perceived knowledge" diagram I got. On all six questions, the right answer was the one I chose or among the ones I chose but I still got a higher "Perceived" than "Actual". I would think that I would get that if I excluded the right answer in some questions. Can there be any "contamination" between users logging in with same ID??

The feedback I got:

Help With Confidence Based Question (new window)Your Score: 438 out of 600

You tend to slightly overvalue your knowledge.
You should be a bit less certain about your answers.

You could improve your score...
0 points by more realistic use of your knowledge
162 points by more mastery of the subject matter

Attachment reviewCBAAGraphs.php.png