Deleting a scale or at least finding where it's used

Deleting a scale or at least finding where it's used

by Paul Vasilauskis -
Number of replies: 3
Still setting up Moodle and playing around, I created a scale for grading offline tasks. Of course my boss thinks I should use other words in describing the level of performance, fine I'll go in and change the words. AHHHH!!! Moodle won't let me edit a scale once it's used. I've gone in and changed any activities that used the scale to another scale and any grades I gave with the scale were updated using another scale but still all I can do is go in and edit the name and description of the scale. Is there any other thing that could be locking me out from editing the scales of a scale? Moodle says the scale is still in use, is there any way to find out where it thinks it's still in use?
In reply to Paul Vasilauskis

Re: Deleting a scale or at least finding where it's used

by Mike Worth -
Have you got access to the database server? I've got away with changing scales that are in use by editing the record in MySQL; I wouldn't change the number of items on the list as that'd probably break a lot of things

Mike
In reply to Mike Worth

by Paul Vasilauskis -
Thanks Mike,
I just installed the myAdmin module, went in to the database and edited the text, not a problem. Now I just need to learn to curb my sarcasm when setting scales...
In reply to Paul Vasilauskis

by Mr. Marc -
Paul where did you find out that the scale was set at in the DB?