- Dropping of the Calculation of Grades stage;
- The teacher is not asked to grade assessments (although the grading of submissions by the teacher is still recommended);
- Grades are available from the start of the workshop and are updated continuously;
- Students are allowed to re-assess the example submissions and the peer submissions;
- Flexibility on how assessments are compared;
- Improved handling of teacher assessments and their weighting in the final grades.
The module is now far less time critical. Although the number of phases/stages has only been reduced from six to five, a workshop can be safely left in the Submission/Assessment phase and it will produce sensible grades for the students. (In the old module the workshop had to be closed before grades could be produced.) Thus this version will allow "rolling" workshops which just carry on.
All good news then . The only problem is there's a lot of changes here so please treat this version as experimental. If you do download it from the Modules page, please login as admin to get the database updated. It would be good to get it stable for 1.5.