A Forum that works like the News forum

A Forum that works like the News forum

by Adma Lim -
Number of replies: 2
Hi

Is there a forum type that the teacher could select to create a forum, whereby there would be no reply,delete option available to the students, only the teachers could have these options?

I am hoping to make use of the forum as a "table of contents" so that the course front page would not be growing longer and longer whenever a new piece of information has been added.

For eg: If the students would like to find out more about a particular subject (like School Library collection), the student would just click on the forum named "History" and would be presented with all the topics added. and click on the link that interested him/her.

i did thought of using the web pages, but then the teachers would still need to add links to the page, which would require them to know how to use the hyperlink feature. I just wish to make the creation process simpler for the teachers.

Cheers
Adma
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adma Lim

Re: A Forum that works like the News forum

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you mean in each individual course (in which case, why NOT use the news forum?) Or on your Moodle front page?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: A Forum that works like the News forum

by Adma Lim -

hi Mary,

yes.

The reason for not using the news forum is that I hope that would remain solely for announcements.