New plug-in: Import/export questions to and from Word

Re: New plug-in: Import/export questions to and from Word

by Eoin Campbell -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Peter, I have released a new version of the plugin which supports the export of the 3 types of Calculated question, and Numerical questions into Word. Hope this helps you.

It also has some other fixes such as retaining embedded image dimensions on import, import into Lessons, and improved retention of paragraph formatting.

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by James Lynch -

Hi Eoin,

Thank you for this plug-in and Thank you for your ongoing support.

I wonder if you could tell me - I'm adding a URL/Link in the Feedback Field of the incorrect answers.

How would I go about having that URL open in a new window? [target="_blank"]

Thank you!

In reply to James Lynch

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi James, glad it is useful to you. 

The target attribute was ignored, but I have just released an update (v3.3.1) to add support for it. You can try this out on the test site at www.moodle2word.net.

The attached screenshot shows how to edit a hyperlink in Word to force it to open in a new window. The instructions are:

1.  Insert or edit the link.
  2. In the "Edit Hyperlink" dialog box, click the "Target Frame" button. 
  3. In the "Set Target Frame" dialog box, select "New window"  in the drop-down field. 
Attachment set_target_frame.png

by James Lynch -

Wow - Great Timing smile I can not wait to rty it.... I will report back shortly!

Thank you so much!

In reply to James Lynch

by James Lynch -

It's not working sad

I tried everything...

In reply to James Lynch

by James Lynch -

Here is a screen-grab:

http://screencast.com/t/SUNVUAYB

I will make sure the DB is updated once more.

In reply to James Lynch

by Eoin Campbell -

Just to close this issue, the "New window" flag was missing from the hyperlinks, because Word gave the implication that they were present, even though they weren't. 

A quick way to check if a hyperlink points to a new window is to press <Alt>+<F9> to show field values.
You should see the \t flag with target value "_blank" after the URL for the hyperlink. See the screenshot below.

The reason Word seems to confuse matters is that in the "Set Target Frame" dialog box, if the checkbox "Set as default for all hyperlinks", is clicked after selecting "New window", the field contains the text "Page default ( New window )", but in fact the required flag '\t "_blank"' is not set. See below.

by James Lynch -

Aaaaaah Yes - Thank you so much!

I am going to follow up when I get a few more questions loaded to report my progress.

You have made it so much easier - Thanks again.

James