Turnitin functionality in Moodle?

Turnitin functionality in Moodle?

by Dan Sy -
Number of replies: 3
Hi. Is there any functionality in Moodle to do comparisons of research assessments paper? I'm looking at the functionality to do a comparison with other submitted assessments and look for plagiarism.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Sy

Re: Turnitin functionality in Moodle?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yes.

There's a custom assignment type that Turnitin developed and support which you can obtain by contacting your local Turnitin account rep (if you already have an account) - if you don't have an account there might be an old copy of it floating around in the forums, but it won't be much use without a Turnitin Account!

there's also an integration developed by me which is available for 1.6, 1.9 and is planned for inclusion in Moodle 2.0 - but this isn't an easy thing to install as it touches a few core Moodle files. Theres some documentation on it here:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Turnitin

There's also a new Block called "crot" which is an open source alternative, but it is very new and is relatively untested - I'm hoping that we can integrate my turnitin integration work with Crot - but I don't have anyone enthusiastic about it enough to pay for it to be done.....yet.... smile
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Turnitin functionality in Moodle?

by Dan Sy -
Thanks for the reply Jason and Dan. I will have to try to Crot one first. We don't have a Turnitin account so that is not an option atm. I am still playing around with Moodle and will want to set things up and hopefully, show this to my manager and get all the other tutors on it. smile