New Forum Replies Block Rocks!

New Forum Replies Block Rocks!

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Number of replies: 4
This block is AWESOME! Loaded on our test server and I LOVE IT. Thanks to all who contributed to it's development. Has anyone else downloaded and used on v1.9.4. Any issues to report. Will keep testing away but am chompin at the bit to get it installed on the production server. Staff/Students will love it. I sure wish moodle.org could install this. It would be a real time savor and assist me in tracking my specific issues.

Here is a link the tracker post:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-612

Would love any/all input and would love to see in moodle core in the future!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

Re: New Forum Replies Block Rocks!

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It was written by Niall a colleague of mine.. I'll pass on your appreciation!! I'm not sure he reads the forums too much so you can pass on any comments or issues to me.

I think it will become redundant in 2.0. It would be a handy thing on the moodle.org forums in particular.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jonathan Andreas -

It is highly ironic that they guy who wrote this block does not see forum posts.  If his block were available for this forum, he could easily see any new posts about his work at a glance. 

Our students do everything on Facebook because it has this kind of functionality. It makes online conversations easy.  Moodle forums need this because it gives them a bit of the functionality of Facebook.  Please put this into the core so that my administrators will install it at my school.  Thanks.

In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Deb - In the event that the functionality you are looking for is not in Moodle 2.0, please feel free to create a tracker issue to have the block considered for inclusion. Then ask the community to comment and vote on the issue in the tracker and see what happens. My experience has been that good ideas and good code work their way into the program. On the other hand, less popular but nevertheless useful ideas can always be contributed plugins. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -

Thanks Anthony. Sorry so late in my reply (several years) looking to upgrade to 2.2 in the future and curious if this was included in 2.0.  Will have to stop being lazy and check. I sure hope so - it has brought SO MUCH MORE interaction and engagement in forums to our course. I could not live without it! I will go ahead and make a post to the tracker, although I know it is a bit late but worth a shot!