Hide "Activity reports" tab from users but not admin

Hide "Activity reports" tab from users but not admin

by Jim Rehmann -
Number of replies: 5
Is there a way for me to hide the Activity reports tab (under a user's profile) from the user but not from the administrator?  If so, where in the Permissions / Define Roles area can I find the right button to turn on or off?
Attachment ActivityReport.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Rehmann

Re: Hide "Activity reports" tab from users but not admin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I don't think a normal user gets to see these anyway, does he? I just logged in as a couple of ours students and I didn't get that.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jim Rehmann -
It all depends on how your permissions are set up for your users.  I just can't figure out which user setting controls it.
In reply to Jim Rehmann

by Shirley Xie -

Hello Jim,

Have you found the solution for hiding Activity Report from student?

I have the same issue.

I tried Users --> Permissions --> Define Roles --> Students --> Edit

and set Prevent for both 'See user activity reports' and 'View course activity report'. But it didn't work at all.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shirley

In reply to Shirley Xie

by Shirley Xie -

Hello Jim,

I figured it out.

Please go to Administration -->  Users --> Permissions --> Define Roles --> Students --> Edit

and set Prevent for 'View own gradesand' under Course section. It will remove Activity reports tab.

Thanks,

Shirley

In reply to Shirley Xie

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Jim
If you Prevent 'viewowngrades the students won't be able to see their grades!!

Also, if you prevent 'View course activity report' and 'View own grade Report' at site level you will define it for the entire site - which you might not want later or for some courses.

The easiest way to prevent students from seeing their Activity report is to set the "Show activity reports" setting in the course setting screen to NO.
NOTE: Students cannot see their full activity report or anythig at site level, only once they are in a course and only for that course.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa