lesson retakes and building on earlier attempts

lesson retakes and building on earlier attempts

by Edward Beckmann -
Number of replies: 1
Hi
I have got the hang of retakes and grades for lessons, but want to allow the student to build on their answers on a retake, like they can with a quiz. Is there an option or a quick hack to do this please? Currently the lesson just starts again.

The reason I want to do this is that at the end of chunks of learning my students have a self-assessment on their view of their knowledge - a simple 1-5 scale from very unsure to very confident. This is easy to do within the flow of a lesson module, but when students want to return a build on their knowledge it is helpful for them to know what they thought last time.

This is easy to do in a quiz but it seems a shame not to have the self-checking from within a lesson.

The answers do need to be stored in the gradebook so students can see their self-assessed progress in their own reports.

Failing this if I have all of the questions at the end of a lesson, can a student re-grade themselves and if so, how?

Thanks

Ed
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward Beckmann

Re: lesson retakes and building on earlier attempts

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Ed,
See Joseph's and my responses to Elena. In short, Lesson stores the student's grade/score for every question, but not the answer. (If that is not exactly true it is close enough smile) You can regrade a Quiz because it records the student's answer to each question. What lesson can do is to accept the max or the average of all their attempts and show that to the student.

Lesson uses a different way to build knowledge. It is more adaptive in an immediate sort of way. Jumps, for example, can throw a student who selects a distractor to a page which presents a key concept in an entirely different manner, then can send the student back on the "regular" lesson path. Quiz does not offer this opportunity, but it is easier to impliment for the teacher smile

Best Chris