How to check that a module is installed?

How to check that a module is installed?

Nate Baxley-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 6
Is there a programmatic way to check if a particular module is installed? I am creating an admin report to pull out some summary data and I need to check to see if the Questionnaire module is installed before I try to report on it. Ideally I could just check to see if the tables are installed, but I'm not sure how to do that in a DB agnostic way (I at least need to be able to support PostGRE and MySQL). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nate Baxley
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Nate Baxley

Re: How to check that a module is installed?

Mary Cooch-mit -
Documentation writers-ip assinga Moodle HQ-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga Translators-ip assinga
Isn't it quickest just to go to the moodle and see if it is is one of the options?
I svar til Mary Cooch

Nate Baxley-mit -
I should have mentioned that I want to do this programmatically. The report will gather stats for all of the modules on our list that are installed. I updated my original post. Thanks!
I svar til Nate Baxley

Robert Brenstein-mit -
I would look at the code which displays the table of modules in the admin panel for activities. The code there knows how to find which modules are installed and which are active. Why reinvent the wheel?
I svar til Nate Baxley

Nate Baxley-mit -
I just realized that I posted this to the wrong forum. I've reposted it here in the developer's general forum. Sorry for the confusion.
I svar til Nate Baxley

Jessica Gramp-mit -
Moodle HQ-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga

Hi Nate,

I'm trying to do this as well, but I can't find your post within the developers general forum. 

Could you post a link to it please?

Thank you.

I svar til Jessica Gramp

Jessica Gramp-mit -
Moodle HQ-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga
Nevermind, I realised your 'here' was a link - there was nothing to suggest this before I put my mouse over it so it wasn't initially clear.

BTW. In case anyone else is looking for this in Moodle 2.6.6 the code is now as follows:

core_plugin_manager::instance()->get_plugins_of_type('mod')