How to check that a module is installed?

How to check that a module is installed?

Nate Baxley - ން
Number of replies: 6
Is there a programmatic way to check if a particular module is installed? I am creating an admin report to pull out some summary data and I need to check to see if the Questionnaire module is installed before I try to report on it. Ideally I could just check to see if the tables are installed, but I'm not sure how to do that in a DB agnostic way (I at least need to be able to support PostGRE and MySQL). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nate Baxley
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nate Baxley

Re: How to check that a module is installed?

Mary Cooch - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ
Isn't it quickest just to go to the moodle and see if it is is one of the options?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Nate Baxley - ން
I should have mentioned that I want to do this programmatically. The report will gather stats for all of the modules on our list that are installed. I updated my original post. Thanks!
In reply to Nate Baxley

Nate Baxley - ން
I just realized that I posted this to the wrong forum. I've reposted it here in the developer's general forum. Sorry for the confusion.
In reply to Nate Baxley

Jessica Gramp - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

Hi Nate,

I'm trying to do this as well, but I can't find your post within the developers general forum. 

Could you post a link to it please?

Thank you.

In reply to Jessica Gramp

Jessica Gramp - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ
Nevermind, I realised your 'here' was a link - there was nothing to suggest this before I put my mouse over it so it wasn't initially clear.

BTW. In case anyone else is looking for this in Moodle 2.6.6 the code is now as follows:

core_plugin_manager::instance()->get_plugins_of_type('mod')