"Sorry, the requested file could not be found"

"Sorry, the requested file could not be found"

by Manipushp Rajvanshi -
Number of replies: 5
Hello,

I uploaded some files on moodle through FTP in their respective folders. but now these files are not running when i am clicking on the file name in moodle. The message i am getting is "Sorry, the requested file could not be found". I have checked on my server, all files are intact in their folders. how can i rectify this problem? Permissions are set on 777. but still not running. any idea??????

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manipushp Rajvanshi

Re: "Sorry, the requested file could not be found"

by christian theou -
Hello,

The names off the files perhaps ??!! A "strange" character ? Could you rename the file in Moodle ?
In reply to christian theou

by Manipushp Rajvanshi -
yes... i can rename the file in moodle..but what strange characters moodle doesn't consider as file name? Although, i named my files normally (i.e. sample solution 1.swf, permutation and combination.swf) but these files are still not running. Suggestions please?
Thank you

Manipushp
In reply to Manipushp Rajvanshi

by Jeff Johnson -
I'm having a similar problem. I can upload through moodle or through ftp, but I can only access the files via ftp. Going through http, whether directly typing the URL, clicking on a link in moodle, or even using the Yahoo web hosting file manager returns a 500 error or a "Sorry, the requested file could not be found" error in moodle. I've tried permissions at 777 and 775. Any thoughts are really appreciated.
In reply to Jeff Johnson

by Jeff Johnson -
Just an added complication: the problem seems to occur in any folder named "moodledata" or a subfolder thereof.
In reply to Jeff Johnson

by Jeff Johnson -
That clued me into a solution. In the config.php file, I changed permissions to 02777 and put a preceding slash in the dataroot directory. This was a little more complicated because securing the moodledata directory is difficult on Yahoo, as they allow neither files outside of the web accessible area nor .htaccess files. Not sure which change solved the problem, but it seems to work.

There seem to be a lot of similar problems with SCORM files and other uploads getting the same error. I wonder if all of these are symptoms of a basic problem like this.