Want to create a special 'Notes' role

Want to create a special 'Notes' role

by Graham Clark -
Number of replies: 1

I'm fairly new to Moodle so please forgive me if I'm asking a silly question here but what I'd like to do is to create a role which does nothing other than allow a user to view and manage student Notes. I want such users to have the ability to view a user's details, in particular whether there are any Notes associated with a student's profile, without having to know which course that student is enrolled in. What I don’t want is for the user to have to enroll in a course to view a student’s profile including their notes. I want the user to be able to view a student’s profile without having to do any of that. Does this make sense? If so, is this possible? And if so, how do I go about doing it? Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Clark

Re: Want to create a special 'Notes' role

by Tim Hunt -
Core developers இன் படம் Documentation writers இன் படம் Particularly helpful Moodlers இன் படம் Peer reviewers இன் படம் Plugin developers இன் படம்
Have you tried just doing it? It sounds like it should be possible. If you get stuck at some point, get back to us.

Calendar_editor_role looks like a similar sort of thing, so if you want some hints on what to do, follow those instructions, just set different capabilities when defining the role.