Want to create a special 'Notes' role

Want to create a special 'Notes' role

Graham Clark-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 1

I'm fairly new to Moodle so please forgive me if I'm asking a silly question here but what I'd like to do is to create a role which does nothing other than allow a user to view and manage student Notes. I want such users to have the ability to view a user's details, in particular whether there are any Notes associated with a student's profile, without having to know which course that student is enrolled in. What I don’t want is for the user to have to enroll in a course to view a student’s profile including their notes. I want the user to be able to view a student’s profile without having to do any of that. Does this make sense? If so, is this possible? And if so, how do I go about doing it? Thanks.

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Graham Clark

Re: Want to create a special 'Notes' role

Tim Hunt-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Documentation writers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Peer reviewers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga
Have you tried just doing it? It sounds like it should be possible. If you get stuck at some point, get back to us.

Calendar_editor_role looks like a similar sort of thing, so if you want some hints on what to do, follow those instructions, just set different capabilities when defining the role.