How to make archive in moodle?

How to make archive in moodle?

by Luke Skywalker -
Number of replies: 4
Hai, I'm a new member who using moodle. I want to ask how to make a archive in moodle? smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luke Skywalker

Re: How to make archive in moodle?

by Russ Williams -
Skywalker,

This is an easy process ... but one that seems to have developed a bug of sorts, but for what it's worth. Here are the steps to creating an archive ... we call it a backup.

1. Open the course you want to archive.
2. In the administrative panel .. usually on the left side of the page ... you'll see an icon labeled "restore"
3. Click on this icon ... Moodle will guide you through the backup process
4. Be attentive to the options you have
5. When Moodle is finished ... a zip file will be added to your course which you can download and save locally or removable media

Let me know how it goes, for there are several of us having issues with backups lately.

russ

by Luke Skywalker -
Can't work sad I don't know how to make an archive in moodle. I try to find "restore" but fail.

by Edward Burke -

Skywalker,

1. On that same left pane, find the BACKUP option.  When the screen opens, decide if you want to archive the user data or just the contents. If you are going to re-use the course again choose ALL the content and NONE of the student data.  If you are creating an archive to protect against grade challenges, then backup ALL content and ALL student data. 
2. At teh bottom be sure to answer the questions about course...Users, Logs, User files, Couirse files, Site files, Grade History.  The choices you make will depend on you plans for the archive.  Once you have completed your choices, choose CONTINUE
3. You'll get a couple of review screens to double check your options
4. The file will appear in your course files as a backupdata zip folder
5. RIGHT CLICK on the file (not the options on the right side of the screen) and SAVE TARGET wherever you want to store it..(flash drive, C-Drive, desktop, etc).
6. When you are ready to re-use the archive, use the RESTORE option in the future course.

Good luck
Ted Burke