SAFE MODE Restriction in effect (bad news!?)/Suggestions for histing service?

SAFE MODE Restriction in effect (bad news!?)/Suggestions for histing service?

by Eric Francoeur -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

We've been running Moodle on this web hosting server for a few weeks now. We went "live" earlier this week (start of class), migrated to 1.4 with no problems. Suddenly, as of Thursday eve, we're starting to get "Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect...", instead of smooth running Moodle (no uploading is possible, etc...)

It's as if the server had switch into safe-mode all of a sudden. Bad news. Still no feedback form technical support, so we don't know if this is permanent. Assuming this might be permanent, does anybody know of a reliable, hassle free North America based hosting service? I'm not talking here about a specific Moodle hosting service, but rather the basic Apache/MySQL set up.... Thanks! Eric
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Francoeur

Re: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect (bad news!?)/Suggestions for histing service?

by W Page -
Hi Eric!

I do not know what your financial situation is but Martin.Moodle.com [MoodlePartner] servers are run from the US. Also Remote-Learner.net [MoodlePartner] is based from Virginia.

They are not "cheap" services but from my understanding very reliable.

WP1
In reply to W Page

Re: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect (bad news!?)/Suggestions for histing service?

by Eric Francoeur -
Thanks for the tip. Turns out ( I just learned) that the problem was caused by a server system upgrade. Things are thankfully back to normal, but given that we have both the material and personnel resources, we're planning to host "in house" ASAP. Then we'll register and people can conme and have a look at the wonderful things we do with Moodle . Thanks again, Eric