Teacher only resources?

Teacher only resources?

by Gunther Dippe -
Number of replies: 2
Maybe I've missed this feature but is it possible to create resources (except for files) available only to teachers?

I'm setting up a generalized (Moodle) course as the main part of my final test of the math didactics course I'm finishing (in fact I suggested it and it was accepted which surpriced me since my university usually is 100% "ink on cellulose" oriented).

I then discovered that it could be helpful to add "teacher only" resources.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gunther Dippe

Re: Teacher only resources?

by Geoffrey Robertson -
In moodle 1.0.9-beta each resource (component) has a "hide from students" option. This, I think, can be used to hide teacher only resources and to successively reveal lessons and other materials as you go.

Geoffrey
In reply to Gunther Dippe

Re: Teacher only resources?

by Ger Tielemans -

There are three areas where you can place teacher only resources:

1. In the resources folder,visible in the left menu when you login as teacher: you can create a folder there with a specific name for your purpose
  2. In the teacher forum, lower in the same menu on the left: here you can write a forum contribution where you explain the file and the attach the file to that forum-text
  3. In each section you can insert resources you hide with the eye option: only teachers can see these when they login as teacher. (teacher manual for each section?)