Defaullt size of embedded video

Defaullt size of embedded video

by Scott Gardiner -
Number of replies: 7
Hey all,

I have some video files in my courses that were created using Camtasia and they appear quite small when viewed which makes it difficult for the students to follow closely especially during the Excel videos. Is there any way to change the default size on an embedded video?

Thanks in advance.

Scott.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Gardiner

Re: Defaullt size of embedded video

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am not sure what your file types are so this might not work. But when I embed wmv  using Moodle's multimedia filter I type in -after the url of the video

?d=750x450 or whatever the dimension I want it to be.

Not sure if this will work for you  but worth a try smile

by alexis alexander -
All embed code contains dimensions for the video. Take a look at the code and change the dimensions as needed.
In reply to alexis alexander

by Scott Gardiner -
Thank you. How and where do edit the embed code for a video?

Scott.

by Scott Gardiner -
Bump. Can anyone tell me where to change the embed code to enlarge the display size of the video?

Thanks.

Scott

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well this is how I do it with a wmv file:

1: embed it by hyperlinking the video to some blank space on a webpage or label
2: Click on the hyperlink icon and click into the url it gives which will end in .wmv
3: At the end of that .wmv type
?d=750x450
Or whatever you want your dimensions to be
4. Save the changes
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Gardiner -
Thanks Mary. Call me crazy but I don't see any icons when I add a web page as a resource. There is the box for Title, Summary and Text but no icons. Am I missing something? Also, do I hyperlink it with the code or another tag?

Scott