This is a very first stab at a plugin that provides FirePHP integration for Moodle. It follows a similar approach as the one suggested in MDL-16371 but instead of patching core Moodle code it follows a modular plugin approach.
That way, it can provide some basic access control and configurabiltiy.
Basically, the plugin does the following:
1) integrating the FirePHP Core Library from http://www.firephp.org
2) dumping the content of the four global Moodle variables ($CFG, $SITE, $USER and $COURSE) to the FirePHP console, where they can be inspected using FirePHP's powerful Variable Viewer (see screenshot)
3) redirecting error and exception handling to Firebug
For more information see:
The plugin still leaves much to be desired:
* better configurability (at the moment the plugin can only be globally activated/deactivated site wide)
* better integration with build in Moodle debugging features
* full use of language strings for localisation
Any comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome!
You can download the code under www.nakohdo.de/downloads/firephp.zip