I want to add external grades

I want to add external grades

by Piyush Pandey -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

Please help me out,

I want to add external grades into Moodle. Like i have homework grades and classwork grades. and i want to add them into moodle as these grades are offline grades so please tell me how to add these grades .

Student Name
Student Id
Attendance
Classwork
Home work
Total Grade

So i just need to add these two columns into the grades and i also need provision to for teacher to insert the data for these columns
In reply to Piyush Pandey

Re: I want to add external grades

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can either use the offline assignment feature (add an activity>offline assignment) and it will add the name into the gradebook for you then to add your grades next to your students. Or you could do it straight into the gradebook yourself by clicking on grades in the course admin block and then (top left) choose and action>edit categories and items and then add grade item - then add HOMEWORK etc. They will then appear in your Moodle gradebook.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Piyush Pandey -
Hi Mary,
Thanks for your mail.

I have added the things by using add grade items.

but now my main concern is this what formula i use in total marks as i need 10% of attendance + 10%of Homework + 40% Mid Term + 40% of End Semester.

Attendance
Homework
Mid Term
End Semester
Total Marks
10%
10%
40%
40%
100%

in Excel i use the formula:

=AVERAGE(A1/100*10)+AVERAGE(B1/100*10)+AVERAGE(C1/100*40)+AVERAGE(D1/100*40)

but when i am using this formula in Moodle then it is showing error.

Please help me out.

by Piyush Pandey -
Please also see the this excel format

100 100 100 100 400
Total Marks
10 10 40 40 100
Total Marks %
78 66 55 78 277
Total Marks Obtain.
7.8 6.6 22 31.2 69.25
Total Marks Obtain.%

So in the same way i need the colored one

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Piyush,
If you course total consists of only 4 gradable items, then set its aggregation type (in Categories and Items interface) to the "Weighted Mean of grades".
Then, use "weight" column to provide different weight for the items.

by klebe stift -

I can't help with the moodle side, but in your excel formula the average functions aren't actually doing anything and are unnecessary.

AVERAGE() returns the average of multiple numbers, so if you entered AVERAGE(A1:A10) the result would be the average of cells A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9 and A10. You are only passing the function a single number and the average of a single number is the same as the number.

So in fact your formula only needs to be:

=A1*10/100+B1*10/100+C1*40/100+D1*40/100

or:

=A1*0.1+B1*0.1+C1*0.4+D1*0.4

(which is the same thing, just less typing)

Maybe try this in moodle and see how you go.