Gradebook shows wrong grade???

Gradebook shows wrong grade???

by Charles Norman -
Number of replies: 3

Everyone,

I have a user who successfully "completed" the course with a grade of 75%; which shouldn't be possible since I have set the course to require a passing grade of 80% or higher; any thoughts on this one would be grestly appreciated.

My more pressing issue is this user retook the course and received an 88% on the course (this shows up when he clicks on the course: Basics: Hazard Awareness for Supervisors(Score: 88) ), but the gradebook still shows 75% (

Hazard Awareness for Supervisors 75.00 75.00 %
).  As a result, he has not successfully completed the course and needs to by the end of the day.

I have tried removing him from the course and readding him.  I have looked into the DB (grades table) and tried removing the line that reads "75%"; but none of these things have worked.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do since I'm on a time crunch.  Am I missing something here?

Any quick help would be appreciated.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Charles

Moodle 1.9(ish forgot the rest), Windows 2003 SP2 Standard, MySQL 5.1

EDIT:

I went hunting around and found the mdl_grade_grades table where I noticed that he had still been marked with a 75%; not sure why it didn't update with the 88%.

I modified the grade to reflect 88% and can now print out the certificate.  So in essence, the immediate need has been taken care of, but I would still like to know why the course marked him as complete and didn't update the score when he retook the course and received a higher mark.

Thanks for the help.

In reply to Charles Norman

Re: Gradebook shows wrong grade???

by Dave Murray -

Charles, is your quiz in adaptive mode? 

I've noticed something similar once or twice over the course of a one year period. In adaptive mode, sometimes students will retry a quiz and forget to click on "Submit all and finish" the second time around thinking that the "Submit page" is sufficient and it's not.
For some reason the improved score sometimes shows up in the user report where the student can see it, but not in the gradebook.

I just told the student to go back and click on "Submit all and finish" and this equalizes both scores as a temporary fix. I just figured it was a minor glitch and didn't (have time to) give it any more consideration.

Dave

In reply to Dave Murray

by Charles Norman -
thanks for the quick response and no we do not.  We are using SCORM compliant courses that have been uploaded into our Moodle system.
In reply to Charles Norman

by Elena Ivanova -
Charles, have you uploaded SCORM module as an Activity, or do you have whole course site in SCORM format?

In both situations, I would recommended to double-check the settings of the SCORM activity itself (grading method, max grade and attempts grading).