More about the 'End of Lesson' page

More about the 'End of Lesson' page

by Pamela Challoner -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

My apologies for bringing back a question covered well in the post "Is it possible to have an "End of Lesson" page that is distinctly associated with one lesson."

The lesson module has been very helpful at enabling me to create a simple questionnaire without having to worry about importing a new module.

As my questionnaire is not 'graded' or a real 'lesson', I would love to be able to edit or delete the 'End of Lesson' page, so as not to give the impression I am judging my respondents.

Thus, is there a new/simple way to edit/delete the End of Lesson page?

Thanking you in advance,

Pam Challoner
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pamela Challoner

Re: More about the 'End of Lesson' page

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Pam,
The only way I can think of is to edit the language in Lesson.php via the site administration block. If you have permission you can change a lot. BE CAREFUL, the changes made here impact the entire site. I would check out potential changes by looking at demo.moodle.

My way, would be to create a new language (say PChalloner) from the default language pack your site currently uses. Then edit the PChalloner language lesson.php file. Finally force the PChalloner language in your course settings. You will have to convince your site administrator to do this and perhaps give you permission to alter phrases.

Can't see how to add a "new" language in MoodleDocs. I think if you dig down to moodle/lang you will see a folder like en_utf8. Copy that folder and rename it PChalloner_utf8. Place that in the moodle/lang folder. In the site admin block>language>language packs, click on the update installed language packs button. Bet you see English(PChalloner) on the list. Edit that language's Lesson.php file and off you go.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Changing the words is probably easier than getting into the php code to create a new option in Lesson settings "show end of Lesson page".

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

Re: More about the 'End of Lesson' page

by Pamela Challoner -
Chris,

Thank you for your quick response. I think adding a new language is a bit above my level of moodling.

As a quick fix I have added a page to the end of my lesson that lets participants know the activity is complete and provides a link back to the course topics page. If they are curious and press the Continue button further down they still will get the End of Lesson page.

Any chance that there is a relatively simple way to alter the code to reduce the time the End of Lesson page shows, before it automatically refreshes?

Pam