HTML Editor HOWTO enable Spell Check in Windows (and UNIX).
In Moodle 1.4
1. Install aspell in your system. You can download it from http://aspell.net/win32/
2. Install the dictionaries that you need. (en, es, ca, fr, it etc)
3. Locate the aspell.exe file.
P. E "C:\Archivos de programa\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe"
4. Edit the config.php file in your moodle installation directory. Add the following line
$CFG->aspellpath='"C:\Archivos de programa\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe"';
Note the double quotes, its important to keep them to locate the aspell.exe in windows.
5. Now login in your moodle site as admin.
Go to HTML Editor settings in the configuration page and set to "YES" the editorSpelling property.
A very odd thing happens with IE caching. Sometimes its necessary to flush the IE cache to be able to see the [ABC] button