Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page !!!!!!!!!!

Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page !!!!!!!!!!

by Alonso Pombo -
Number of replies: 8

Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page and the front page options, only left with Font page questions!!!!!! what can i do to get it back???

When im logged in as an administrator i can turn editing on throughout the WHOLE site EXCEPT the front page, and lost the front page settings options in the administrators block...... what can i do to get it back?

Moodle version 1.9 (newest one)

Theme: Newbury College theme, the one in blue called default when u download it....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alonso Pombo

Re: Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Alonso,

Please check the default front page in Administration > Front Page > Front Page settings is set to none or student i.e. not guest.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Alonso Pombo -
when i select front page in the administration block, it only gives me the option front page questions, the front page settings option dissappeared.... sad and im logged in as an adminstrator.....
In reply to Helen Foster

by Alonso Pombo -
YAY I SOLVED IT :D I reset all system roles to default and suddenly problem was gone :D apparently some roles where overlapping with each other inhibitng the permisiion to have access to front page settings :D thnks
In reply to Alonso Pombo

Re: Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page - problem fixed

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Glad to hear you fixed your problem, and thanks for letting us know the solution. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page - problem fixed (startpage, homepage, frontpage )

by Guido Hornig -
Picture of Plugin developers
I also lost both, the FRONT PAGE menu button and the TURN EDITING ON on the front page.

And such things can stop all other activities inclusive adminstrators brain health, because the front page has some importance...

I searched a lot in the foums, until I discovered that "Start page" is originally FRONT PAGE (my fault: native german speaking)

After looking at the permissions and save them as the are.
I just entered the "edit permission " and press "save" for each role, after saving the course creators settings, I got my buttons back and also my mental health.

I think this thread and "Site Admin 'Frontpage option Missing in Moodle 1.9.4+"
helped me to recover.

thanks

In reply to Alonso Pombo

Re: Lost the “Turn editing on” button on the front page !!!!!!!!!!

by Malcolm Finnie -

I tried the suggested solutions above but my "Front Page" selection is not listed under the Administrator block. My "Turn Editing On" button is still missing as well.

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks.

In reply to Malcolm Finnie

by Felix Berger -
Same goes for my installations - I saved all system roles - though, the front page item keeps missing ... any Ideas?
In reply to Felix Berger

by Felix Berger -
Okay, solved my issue too ... it seems the reason was the rights of the student role - i had to reset them to standard values. obviously they got warped - maye during the upgrade process ...