No Login and Manual accounts, but users get e-mail with new made accounts

No Login and Manual accounts, but users get e-mail with new made accounts

by Khaled Zamani -
Number of replies: 8
Hi everyone,

We've a strange problem. We use Manual accounts and no login and don't want users to get e-mails when the accounts is made.

The users get e-mails that a new account has been made for them and the admin gets lots of e-mails that were not sent.

I checked the logs and found this error: library mailer ERROR: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed

and I've enabled the
forceloginforprofiles to prevent spam.

Any ideas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Khaled Zamani

Re: No Login and Manual accounts, but users get e-mail with new made accounts

by Khaled Zamani -
oh I forgot to say that we don't use any forums.

by Khaled Zamani -
I finally found the problem. The problem was that we use an External Database Authentication. This creates new accounts when you run cron and auth_db_sync_users.

I've disabled the new password creation and everything works just fine. Our users don't have to get a new mail when the account is created.

A small hack to prevent cron from sending new mails to new created users.

by B Beals -
So, what if I wanted to do the EXACT opposite of what you have setup. Say I want to add users myself, but I still want them to get an email saying that an account has been created for you at ...
In reply to B Beals

by Khaled Zamani -

You can add users in a few ways and you should then enable the option in cron.php

by B Beals -
well that's why I described it saying 'add users myself', which would mean I'm doing it manually created accounts from the admin user... So my question is what's the add to the cron that would initiate the email sent to users after I setup their enrollment. Thats why I asked you how you had yours setup right now (with having emails sent to users) so that I could mimic that...

Thanks!
In reply to B Beals

by B Beals -
No answer?
In reply to B Beals

by Khaled Zamani -
I was on vacation ;).
The reason why this happened was that a second admin uploaded a flat file and that is why the students got e-mails.

If you don't upload a flat file with users you don't have to be worried, because the students won't get any e-mail.

by B Beals -
How does uploading a flat file automatically email the users though if the enrollment is internal?