Course Total

Course Total

by Clint McDuffie -
Number of replies: 4
I have an instructor's course that isn't adding graded assignments into the Course Total category at the end of her gradebook, does anyone know why that is and how it can be corrected?

In reply to Clint McDuffie

Re: Course Total

by Elena Ivanova -
There can be a variety of reasons. First, I would check the aggregation method, then if any items are being excluded, locked or overridden.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Clint McDuffie -
Thank you for your response. How would the aggregation method affect the course total? For instance, if she has it set for weighted totals would it not calculate a course total until all the scores have been filled in?
In reply to Clint McDuffie

by Elena Ivanova -
It should, but I saw several cases when the totals were not displayed after an upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9, because the default aggregation method had been switched from Sum to Weighted. So, may be it is your case too?

Or may be you have 0 everywhere for "Weight or extra credit" column, so everything is scaled down to 0 points?

Take a look at this tutorial: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Gradebook_1.9_Tutorial
Very helpful!
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Clint McDuffie -
That link was very helpful and your insights have been useful as well. Thank you for taking the time. If I can ever be of help please let me know.