Roles--what I need vs. what I think I have

Roles--what I need vs. what I think I have

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
My agency uses moodle to provide some coursework for three types of staff members/affiliates in probably 70+ groups of people. Our 700-800 participants are both staff members and their supervisors...so both need to take courses but some of the participants also need to have additional permissions to see their employee's scores to track employee training records...here's what I've done and how I want it to work:

Supervisors have a specialized role--student + some non-editing teacher permissions. We assign them the supervisor role in the student profile (which is a lot of work) and assign them to the same group as people they supervise. They:
  • Can take the test
  • Can see student profiles & quiz grades for students in groups they are assigned to
  • Can see individual quiz grades for their entire groups (click on the quiz and the link for how many have quizzed in their group)
  • Should receive notifications of their submissions & submission of their employee's work
  • Can't see the gradebook (since it doesn't initially differentiate between groups)
  • Can't see their employee's actual test (since course level permission allows access to the gradebook)
But there is a big snag. Supervisors are not getting the notification when a person they are assigned to submits a quiz. At one point other students got notification, but not the supervisor. I stopped the submission notices going to other studens but can't make them go to the supervisor...

I've checked the roles for both participants and supervisors and they currently look right--the participant has permission to get notified when they submit a quiz and the supervisor has that permission and permission to receive notification when someone in their group submits a quiz. But they don't...Any ideas why?
Average of ratings: -