Same activity under different topics

Same activity under different topics

by Lars Jensen -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

How do I enter the same activity under two or more topics in a moodle course (or even in different moodle courses)?

Let's say I have a Forum in topic 1 and I want the exact same forum in topic 4. How is that done?

One solution I have found is to add the forum to topix 1, and then add a Web Page Resource to topic 4 that links back to the forum in topic 1. This works, except that the icon on the topic 4 link to the forum is the resource icon, and not the forum icon....

Thanks for any responses.
Lars,
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lars Jensen

Re: Same activity under different topics

by Gustav W Delius -
Use the "Label" resource in topic 4. Copy and paste the link (including icon) from topic 1 into it.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by W Page -
Hi Gustav,

I was thinking this issue as well.

Would it be possible to create a dropdown menu which was on the "Add Activity" Page [depending on the activity] that listed all the instances of that activity in a course?

This would allow a Admin/Teacher to add the particular instance of an activity to that Week or Topic that has already been created or just create a new one.  There would be no need to use the "Lable" feature.  Also it would look more like the regular addition of an activity on the course page from a design viewpoint.

For example [With Editing On],
  1. I want to add a forum to Topic 4 that was created in Topic 1
  2. I choose "forum" in the "Activity" drop down menu.
  3. I am then taken to the "Add Forum" Page.  I have two options in naming the Forum,
    1. A Text Box to Write in the Name of the Forum
    2. A DropDown Menu with the name of Forums already in the course.

WP1
In reply to W Page

by N Hansen -
I had a similar, but not identical problem. I wanted to create a resource for my forums comportments guidelines that would not be listed in any topic or week in the standard way, rather it would be linked to simply from a highlighted word in the middle of a sentence in a label. What I realized was that to create something like that, it has to have a fixed place, in other words, it would have to appear in a list of activities in a specific topic. I tried hiding the resource in the list and that hid it from view, but then it couldn't be opened from the link in the label either.

In short, it would be nice to be able to create activities that are tied to a course (or even a site) and then be able to place them wherever one wants. I think this would satisfy what everyone is talking about in this thread.