XLMRPC php extension installed and enabled on server but MOODLE's Environment still has "check" status

XLMRPC php extension installed and enabled on server but MOODLE's Environment still has "check" status

by Alexander Holsteinson -
Number of replies: 4
I have MOODLE 1.9.4 Weekly build of last of March 11, 2009 and while upgrading it, I got the warning that the XMLRPC PHP server extension should be installed and enable to improve MOODLE functionality.

I checked and it was installed and enabled on my PHP 5.26 Linux server so I contacted hosting support and they responded:

"Dear Alexander

i`m very sorry for this inconvenience which might be caused to you. Please note that we have xmlrpc installed on our server and it is enabled and configured with php. Let`s check this more detailed. In following Moodle Doc there is the solution for this issue:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/admin/environment/php_extension/xmlrpc

Qutoe "If you compiled your PHP from source

1. You need to recompile PHP from source
2. add --with-xmlrpc to the command line when you run configure "

So once it is compiled there is a line should be added "--with-xmlrpc" to the configure command. In your PHP info you may check which configure command was used for PHP compilation:

http://geomatica.biz/1.php

And you will find there the following code "'--with-xmlrpc=shared' " so as you can see all is working fine. So kindly please contact with Moodle developers for more information on this issue as following problem doesn`t lay on our server`s end.

With due respect,
Roger Warinskiy
Support Center
CR Department"

So for some reason the MOODLE application is not recognizing the XLMRPC php extension as installed and enabled. Can any developer help clear this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexander Holsteinson

Re: XLMRPC php extension installed and enabled on server but MOODLE's Environment still has "check" status

Can anyone help me with this MOODLE issue?

What does this XMLRPC PHP server extension does on MOODLE?

I searched it in the MOODLE documentation and can not find what is specifically its function description and usage or problems caused by not been able to use it...

Re: XLMRPC php extension installed and enabled on server but MOODLE's Environment still has "check" status

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You need it for Moodle Networking. If it's just a standalone site you can safely ignore this error.

Why you are getting a warning when it is supposedly installed is another matter. Check Site Administration > Server > PHPInfo, search for xmlrpc and make sure it "really" is enabled.
In reply to Howard Miller

Hi Howard

PHP Version 5.2.6

System Linux web506.opentransfer.com 2.6.26.5-SMP2 #6 SMP Fri Sep 26 19:59:05 CDT 2008 i686
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.2, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

I check Site Administration > Server > PHPInfo and got

additional .ini files parsed:
/hsphere/local/config/httpd/php5/php.d/xmlrpc.ini

also in the PHP core is showing:

xmlrpc_error_number 0 0
xmlrpc_errors Off Off

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The *important* thing you should see will be something like the following...
Attachment Picture_2.png