Block Titles - Changing

Block Titles - Changing

by Scott Gerber -
Number of replies: 7

I'm sure I have edited the text that appears in Block Titles - I cannot remember where I did this - it was from the Administrator Block on the Front Page that I think I got to a list of all the titles...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help greatly appreciated

Scott

Moodle 1.9

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Gerber

Re: Block Titles - Changing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It will probably be in site admin>language>language editing>edit words or phrases and then you get a drop down list of files to choose from where you can change the names of- well -lots of stuff smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Gerber -

Thanks Mary - I found where you were pointed to - but the one block title I would like to change I cannot seem to locate.  Currently My courses has a lower case c I want to change it to My Courses to match the other blocks - may seem a small detail but one that I would like to change - and this block title I cannot locate. 

Scott wide eyes

In reply to Scott Gerber

by Jo Matthews -

Hi Scott,

You'll find the string defined in /blocks/mycourses/block_mycourses.php in the init() function:

function

}

init() {$this->title = 'My Courses';$this->version = 2007032202;
In reply to Jo Matthews

by Scott Gerber -

Jo thanks for the reply but for the life of me I cannot find this I am looking in the /home/maggir/public_html/blocks directory on the server...am I being dense?

Thanks

Scott

In reply to Scott Gerber

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi again Scott. Go back to where I sent you (!!) and find the file called moodle.php. Scroll down and you will find My courses with small c there that you can change to a capital C. You don't need to go to the server.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Gerber -

Fantastic!!!  Fixed and now I am that much the wiser!!

Thanks for your patience and help.

Scott

In reply to Scott Gerber

by Jo Matthews -

No you're not being dense at all, I just wasn't being specific enough. Not sure how your moodle installation is set up but you need to find the directory where the mycourses block is installed. All the blocks are installed in moodle/blocks and moodle should be installed in the web servers documents directory. So if the documents directory is public_html then the path to the file should be:

public_html/moodle/blocks/mycourses/block_mycourses.php