????? as an answer

????? as an answer

by Abigail Barzilai -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

We are using Moodle 1.9.4 . We tried to use the Essay type question in the quiz module. We found out that when we write the answer in Hebrew we get ???? marks as an answer.When we answer in English everything is O.K. Any Idea?

Thanks,
Abigail

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abigail Barzilai

Re: ????? as an answer

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I suppose your moodle site is set to use the Hebrew language and your moodle database is fully utf-8 unicode compliant?
Do you have other problems with typing Hebrew into the HTML editor in other moodle activities?
I have no problem on my 1.9.4 moodle site, see attached screenshot.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Abigail Barzilai -
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea what I should change in order to get the proper results? As far as I know my DB is fully UTF-8
The same problem is with short answer.

Abigail

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You have not answered my question : Do you have other problems with typing Hebrew into the HTML editor in other moodle activities? (e.g. forums, etc.)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Abigail Barzilai -
Sorry,
No only in the question type short answer.

Thanks!!

by Joseph Rézeau -
In your original post you said the problem occured in the Essay question type. Now you say it occurs in the Short answer question type. Anyway, I do not see this problem on my moodle 1.9.4 installation.
Joseph